Dr. Anıl Gündüz entitled as Cognitive and Behavioral Therapist by The European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapy (EABCT) in 2015.
He qualified as Psycho-Sexologist by the European Federation of Sexology (EFS) & European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) in 2014.
In 2015, he entitled to be a psychiatry specialist by Marmara University, Department of Mental Health and Diseases.
He completed his compulsory service as a psychiatry specialist at Bilecik State Hospital between 2015 and 2017. Afterward, he worked as a psychiatry specialist at Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital between 2017 and 2018.
In 2017, he trained EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) training in Davranış Bilimleri Enstitüsü.
In 2018, he entitled as Metacognitive Therapy Institute (MCT-I) registered Metacognitive Therapist. He has many national and international book chapters and articles. He had presented at many national and international congresses and meetings.
Dr. Anıl Gündüz is also working as an assistant professor at Istanbul Kent University Clinical Psychology Department. He has an advanced level of English.
· T.C. Yeditepe University, Faculty of Medicine, İstanbul, Turkey
Preparatory school: October 2003 – June 2004
School of Medicine: September 2004 – June 2010 (Graduated with honors)
· T.C. Marmara University, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, İstanbul, Turkey
Psychiatry Residency: April 2011 – May 2015
· Psychiatry Resident: April 2011- May 2015: Marmara University Hospital, Psychiatry Department
· Psychiatry Specialist: July 2015- May 2017: Bilecik State Hospital, Psychiatry Department
· Psychiatry Specialist: May 2017- September 2018: Haydarpasa Research and Education Hospital, Psychiatry Department
· Assistant Professor: October 2018- Present: Istanbul Kent University, Department of Clinical Psychology
Supervised Master’s and Doctoral Theses
• Detection of metacognitive factors that change in panic disorder with depression- ARİF ÇİPİL, 2018
• Investigation of cognitive and metacognitive processes in patients diagnosed with major depressive disorder with and without anxiety disorder- KEVSER ALTINTAŞ, 2019
Research And Publications
Articles published in international refereed journals (SCI & SSCI & Arts and Humanities)
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2013), A Comparison of DSM-IV-TR and DSM-5 Definitions for Sexual Dysfunctions: Critiques and Challenges. J Sex Med. DOI: 10.1111/jsm.12379
• Gündüz A., Yaşar A.B., Gündoğmuş İ., Konuk E., Adverse Childhood Events Turkish Form: validity and reliability study Anadolu Psikiyatri Derg. 2018; 19 (Supplement 1): 68-75 doi: 10.5455/apd.294158
• Gündüz, A., Kumru Bayazit, R., Gündoğmuş, İ., Sertçelik, S., Gönül, H., Yaşar, A. B., Oğuz, G., & Sungur, M. Z. (2019). Turkish validity and reliability of the Sexual Complaints Screener for Women. Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 29(4), 632-639. DOI: 10.1080/24750573.2018.1525811
• Gündüz, A., Sertçelik, S., Gündoğmuş, İ., Zengin Eroğlu, M., Kumru Bayazit, R., Gönül, H., Yaşar, A. B., & Sungur, M. Z (2019) Turkish validity and reliability of the sexual complaints screener for men, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 29:4, 597-602. DOI: 10.1080/24750573.2018.1505421
• Gündüz, A., Gündoğmus, İ., Sertçelik, S., Engin, B. H., İşler, A., Çipil, A., … & Sungur, M. Z. (2019). Validity and Reliability of Cognitive Attentional Syndrome-1 Questionnaire. Psychiatry investigation, 16(5), 355.
• Gündüz, A., Sakarya, S., Sönmez, E., Çelebi, C., Yüce, H., & Akvardar, Y. (2019). Social norms regarding alcohol use and associated factors among university students in Turkey. Archives of Clinical Psychiatry (São Paulo), 46(2), 44-49.
• Eroğlu, M. Z., Sertçelik, S., Gündüz, A., & Demirkol, M. E. (2019). Self-esteem and quality of life in bariatric surgery candidates. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry, 20(1), 20-28.
• Gündüz, A., Topçuoğlu, V., Usta Gündüz, E. B., Ergun, T., Gençosmanoğlu, D. S., & Sungur, M. Z. (2020). Significant Effects of Body Image on Sexual Functions and Satisfaction in Psoriasis Patients. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 46(2), 160-169.
Articles published in other international refereed journals
• Gunduz, A., Gundogmus, I., Engin, B. H., Işler, A., Sertcelik, S., & Yasar, A. B. (2019). Effects of adverse childhood events over metacognitions, rumination, depression and worry in healthy university students. Annals of Medical Research, 26(7), 1394-401.
• Gündüz, A., & Gündoğmuş, İ. (2019). Relationship between adverse childhood events and automatic thoughts, intermediate beliefs, maladaptive schemes, anxiety and depressive symptom severity and quality of life among university students. Klinik Psikiyatri Dergisi, 22(4).
Articles published in national refereed journals
• Yanartaş Ö., Şenkal Z., Gündüz A., Sayar K. (2013) Manic episode during methylphenidate augmentation treatment. JMOOD. 2013; 3(4): 179-81. Doi: 10.5455/jmood.20130926051932
• Baz, F., Yanartas, O., Senkal, Z., Gündüz, A., & Topcuoglu, V. (2016). Suicidal Behaviours During Efavirenz Treatment in HIV Positive Patients. Journal of Mood Disorders, 6(1), 45.
International books or book chapters
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2014), Integrating Psychotherapy and Pharmacotherapy in Treatment of Sexual Disorders. In Irısmar Reis de Oliveira, Thomas Schwartz, Stephen M. Stahl (Eds). Integrating Psychotherapy and Psychopharmacology: A Handbook for Clinicians (Psychopharmacology and Psychotherapy in Clinical Practice. (pp. 244-268). New York: Routledge
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2015), Histrionic Personality Disorder. In Aaron T. Beck, Denise D. Davis, Arthur Freeman (Eds). Cognitive Therapy of Personality Disorders (Third Edition). (pp. 323-345). New York: The Guilford Press
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2017), Sexual Dysfunction: Cultural Factors. In Amy Wenzel (Ed). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. (pp. 3108-3109). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483365817.n1236
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2017), Sexual Dysfunction: Diagnosis. In Amy Wenzel (Ed). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. (pp. 3110-3111). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483365817.n1237
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2017), Sexual Dysfunction: Treatment. In Amy Wenzel (Ed). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. (pp. 3126-3129). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483365817.n1244
• Sungur M.Z., Gündüz A. (2017), Histrionic Personality Disorder. In Amy Wenzel (Ed). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. (pp. 1668-1669). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483365817.n670
National books or book chapters
• GÜNDÜZ, A. (2019). Cognitive Behavioral Therapies of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Turkiye Klinikleri Psychiatry-Special Topics, 12(2), 28-34.
Presentations presented at international scientific meetings and published in the proceedings book
• “Male Sexual Disorders: Challenges and future prospects for DSM 5” Panel, 16th Congress of The European Society for Sexual Medicine joint by the 12th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology (ESSM), 2014
• “Sex therapy and pharmacotherapy in youth” Panel, 16th Congress of The European Society For Sexual Medicine joint by the 12th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology (ESSM), 2014
• “Health literacy II: Hints for higher quality of life after breast cancer treatment” Panel, International Istanbul Breast Cancer Conference – IIBCC, BREASTANBUL 2014.
• “Sexual Paın: Body, Mind and Culture: Body&Mind” Panel, 13th congress of the European Federation of Sexology, 2016
• “Recreational use of PDE5 inhibitors in young males” Panel, 13th congress of the European Federation of Sexology, 2016
• Project SNIPE: Social Norms and Predictors of Alcohol Use Among University Students in Turkey, Poster, 47th Congress of The European Association For Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies, 2017
• “Significant effects of body image and functions over sexual functions in psoriasis patients”, Oral presentation, 47th Congress of The European Association For Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies, 2017
• “Psychotherapy approaches in organic diseases” Panel, 10. International Psychopharmacology Congress & 6. International Child Psychopharmacology Seminar, 2018
• AB Yaşar, C Sayman, SE Taycan, Y Çetinkaya, A Gündüz, H Tireli Epileptic temperament: is it related childhood traumas? Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni 28, 65-65
• PO-01-061 Youth sexual health in Europe: First Results from the European Federation of Sexology Youth Committee study FM Nimbi, A Gündüz, RK Bayazit, M Johannessen, N Briffa, C Simonelli The Journal of Sexual Medicine 16 (5), S63-S64
Presentations and open papers presented at national scientific meetings and published in the proceedings book
• “Strategic drug use in sexual disorders” Panel in 9th National Congress of Sexuality and Sexual Treatment, 2012
• “Strategic medical treatment and CBT in Depression” Panel in 3rd National Congress of Turkish Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Association, 2013
• Social norm approach for prevention of substance use in University Students” Panel in 9th National Congress of Alcohol and Drug Addiction, 2015
• “Strategic medical treatment in psychiatry” Panel, in 4th National Congress of Turkish Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Association, 2015
• Current Diagnostic Changes and Clinical Approaches in Sexual Dysfunction, Panel, 53th National Psychiatry Congress, 2017
• Dissociative Amnesia: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Psychotherapy Approaches in Dissociative Amnesia, Panel, 53th National Psychiatry Congress, 2017
• “Metacognitive Therapy and Its Use in Common Anxiety Disorder” Workshop, 3rd Psychiatry Summit & 10th National Anxiety Congress, 2018
• “PTSD and Metacognitive Therapy”, Panel, 3rd Psychiatry Summit & 10th National Anxiety Congress, 2018
• “Transdiagnostic Approach: Metacognitive Therapy”, Panel, 54th National Psychiatry Congress, 2018
• “Psychotherapy of Online Gaming Disorder”, Panel, 54th National Psychiatry Congress, 2018
National Congress Poster Presentations
• Akvardar, Y., Sönmez, E., Tunca D., Gündüz, A., Karaer, G., Kandemir, G., Çelebi, C., Güç, B., “No to Addiction and Yes to Life!”-A Social Responsibility Project. Poster Presentation, 48th National Psychiatry Congress of the Psychiatric Association of Turkey, 2012
• Akvardar Y., Gündüz A., Güç B., Çelebi C., Kora K., Kalaca S., Yüce H. SNIPE: Social Norms Intervention for the Prevention of Polydrug, Turkish Results, Poster Presentation, 48th National Psychiatry Congress of the Psychiatric Association of Turkey, 2012
• Akvardar Y., Kalaca S., Gündüz A., Çelebi C., Yüce H., Kora K., “Prevalence and social determinants of substance use among university students” Poster Presentation, 50th National Psychiatry Congress, 2014
• Baz F., Gündüz A., Sungur MZ., Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Two Cases with Primary Nocturnal Panic Attacks, 20th, Clinical Education Symposium, 2016
• Cengiz Ç., Gündüz A., Akvardar Y., Is Obesity An Addiction Disease?, Poster Presentation, 52th National Psychiatry Congress, 2016
• Avcı Ö., Gündüz A., Altıntaş K., Acute Psychosis Associated with Steroid Use in a Case of Löffler Endocarditis, Poster presentation. 53th National Psychiatry Congress, 2017
• Yakın A., Gündüz A., Avcı Ö., Kevser Altıntaş Shared Psychotic Disorder; Mother and Son A “Folie A Deux” Poster Presentation. 53th National Psychiatry Congress, 2017
• Doğan F., Erdoğan Taycan S., Gündüz A., Arsoy E., İşçen P., Şar V., Dissociative Amnesia “The Visible Part of the Iceberg”: A Case Report, Poster Presentation, 53 th National Psychiatry Congress, 2017
· EFS & ESSM Certified Psycho-Sexologist (ECPS) February 2014
· EABCT certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, September 2015
· Metacognitive Therapy Institute certified Metacognitive Therapist, 2017
· EMDR Training, 2017
· Turkish Psychiatry Association
· Turkish Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies
· International Society for Bipolar Disorders
· European Federation of Sexology
· EFS Youth Committee Member